Do you feel as though there is never enough money leftover each month to start saving? Maybe you’ve been carrying too much debt around? You aren’t the only one. This infographic created by GetSmarterAboutMoney.ca says just that.
Some of the numbers may surprise you. Especially the fact that those making $100,000 or more a year still felt as though they didn’t have enough leftover cash to start saving. We are here to remind you that no matter how insignificant the amount, you can start saving at any time. Here are some following reason why you shouldn’t wait any longer to start saving your money.
5 reasons to save from GetSmarterAboutMoney.ca
- Handle surprise bills and emergencies – What would you do if the car you drive to work breaks down? Or you get sick and have to take time off work? If you have savings, you can better deal with surprises like these without taking on debt.
- Have more choices – Have you ever considered starting your own business or moving to a new city? Having money set aside can make it easier to make major life changes.
- Reach short-term goals – Are you planning to buy a home or car? The more you save toward these goals, the less you’ll have to rely on loans.
- Reach long-term goals – Plan for a comfortable retirement.
- Help family and loved ones – Do you want to help pay for your kids’ education? Will an aging parent need to live with you one day? Having money saved may help you do these things.
Check out some of our previous articles to find new ways to save money today!
5 Financial Tips to Make Your Life Easier – Don’t stress about the big picture. The best way to ensure a better financial outlook is to make subtle changes everyday.
121 Things to do Instead of Spending Money – We get it. It feels like in order to save money you have to stay home. Here’s how to make the most out of your summer days without spending any money.
Get Financially Fit in Your 20’s – We say it time and time again, but it is never too little or too late to start saving. Even an extra $25 a week will start to make a difference.
10 Money-Saving Things You Should be Doing – We love the money-saving twist that can be applied to essential life lessons.Two birds, one stone.
Pay Yourself First, Pay Bills Second – We show you how taking 10% off of your pay check right away, makes saving a lot less painful. If you don’t see it, you don’t spend it and you get used to doing without.